The SQL Lab is the workspace for users to manage all aspects of SQL usage in their Preset environment.
Key features include:
- Connects to just about any database backend;
- A multi-tab environment to work on multiple queries at a time;
- A smooth flow to visualize your query results using Superset’s rich visualization capabilities;
- Browse database metadata: tables, columns, indexes, and partitions;
- Support for long-running queries;
- Uses the Celery distributed queue to dispatch query handling to workers; and,
- Supports defining a “results backend” to persist query results.
- A search engine to find queries executed in the past; and,
- Supports templating using the Jinja templating language which allows for using macros in your SQL code.
The SQL Lab is comprised of the following three tools:
- SQL Editor: An iinteractive and intelligent SQL IDE with schema navigation and autocomplete features;
- Saved Queries: Searchable list of saved queries from the SQL Editor screen; and,
- Query Search: Searchable list of queries executed in SQL Editor (saved or not saved).
Navigating to SQL Lab Components
From the top toolbar, simply select SQL Lab and then choose a tool from the drop-down menu.