Please note that the features described below—including the User Interface—are currently under development and will likely change over time.
The features described in this topic are only available to Alpha customers that accept the constraints and are willing to provide feedback. If you are interested in becoming an Alpha customer, please contact us at email@example.com
How to Add an Email Chart Report
Preset users can schedule the automatic delivery of charts via email using a cron rule. This offers a significant amount of scheduling flexibility in terms of delivery options.
Other functionality includes;
- Sending Options: Email reports can also be sent to a group of recipients or sent as individual emails;
- Chart Inclusion: The chart can be viewed directly in the body of an email (inline) or included as an attachment (graphic). Emails also include a unique link to Preset that enables the recipient to view the chart directly; and,
- Email Format: Whether inline or as an attachment, each chart can be sent as a visualization (image) or as raw HTML code.
Step 1: Add New Record
In the Toolbar, select Settings and then, in the drop-down menu, select Chart Email Schedules.
The Manage Email Reports for Charts screen will appear.
In the top right corner, select the plus icon to add a new record.
Step 2: Configure the New Record
After you select the plus icon, the Schedule Email Reports for Charts form appears.
Complete all fields using the definitions below as a guide:
- Chart: In the drop-down list, select the chart to be emailed. The list is populated with charts where the user is identified as the owner.
- Active: Select the checkbox to enable this record.
- Crontab: Enter a cron rule. You can use https://crontab.guru/ to define an existing rule. Some examples include:
- 0 * * * * : Will send a report at every hour;
- 0 7 * * * : Will send a report once per day at 7:00 am; and,
- 0 7 1 * *: Will send a report the first day of a month at 7:00 am.
- Recipients: Enter the email addresses of all recipients.
- Slack Channel: This feature is not yet available in Preset.
- Deliver As Group: If enabled, Preset will send the chart to all the recipients in one email. If disabled, then one email will be sent to each recipient.
- Delivery Type:
- Attachment: An image of the chart will be attached to the email; or,
- Inline: The chart image will be included directly in the body of the email.
- Email Format:
- Visualization: An image of the chart will sent, either inline or as an attachment (see Delivery Type above); or,
- Raw Data: The raw HTML code of the chart will be sent, either inline or as an attachment (see Delivery Type above).
- Send Test Email: If enabled, Preset will send a test email when a record is created or updated.
- Test Email Recipients: Enter the email addresses of all recipients who will receive the test email.
- Test Slack Channel: This feature is not yet available in Preset.
Email Syntax and Format
- Email address: Preset Reports firstname.lastname@example.org
- Email Subject: [Report]
In addition to showing the chart as a visualization or in its raw data format, email reports also include a link to Preset that enables the recipient to view the chart directly.
Tip: Take note of the email address and/or subject line text so that you can whitelist the report emails (i.e., avoid the Spam folder).